New website launch for the Bankes Arms, Studland
What is it with Tidal Studios and pubs? Does our reputation really proceed us? Joking aside, we’re really chuffed to have recently gone live with the new website and logo design for the Bankes Arms in Studland.
The pub is a traditional country pub set in the heart of the rolling Purbeck countryside and is ideally located at the beginning of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site. The large pub garden overlooks Studland Bay and it’s a short walk to the chalk sea stacks of Old Harry Rocks, making it a perfect stop-over for day trippers, hikers and dog walkers. The Bankes Arms serves freshly prepared food every day, has nine comfortable B&B rooms and is right next door to the Isle of Purbeck Brewery, another Tidal Studios web client (there’s a pattern emerging here).
We were tasked with updating the existing site to be responsive and, from going live and literally overnight, the pub started receiving over a dozen B&B enquiries a day which, if nothing else, just goes to show the benefits of having a site optimised for mobile use. The site is based on the Wordpress content managed system (CMS) so the client can easily make amendments to opening times and B&B rates, as well as updating images as necessary.
We optimised the site for SEO using site structure, page descriptions, keyword focus and rewriting much of the copy to be optimised for search engines. We also organised a day’s photoshoot and took some enticing images of all the B&B rooms as well as some interior and exterior images of the pub; thanks, as ever, to our very talented photographer, Mike.
As well as the website, the client was keen to update their existing logo which was looking slightly long in the tooth. Because the pub is situated on National Trust land, we had to retain the Bankes crest in the design. After some research into the correct crest, we redesigned the logo to be more contemporary and completed the branding with the ‘The Country Inn by the Sea’ strapline; well, it does what it says on the tin!
Because of the increased number of enquiries, the client has since tasked Tidal Studios with installing an online booking system on to the website; we’ll keep you up-to-date with the progress via our website and Facebook.
Posted: October 2nd 2018
Find out more
Tidal Studios offers the complete website design service, from conception and design to build and launch. The cost of a website can vary quite considerably, as you can imagine, but all of our websites are, as standard:
- Responsive (so that they work dynamically across all devices: desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile).
- Content managed (so that you can change any of the content via a browser from simple price changes to the creation of articles for your news page).
- Optimised for search engines (from how the site is built to the use of keywords and search engine optimised text).
- Social media integrated (linking your site with your social media pages and enabling one-click sharing of news stories to Facebook, etc).
- Published with Google Search and Bing Search, verified with Google webmasters and listed with Google My Business/Google Maps.
- Built and designed to your requirements and satisfaction to be attractive and engaging.
- Hosted on our state-of-the-art, secure servers with regular system and security updates, weekly backups on twin servers and multiple email mailboxes.
If you would like to find out more, give us a ring on 07984 664860 0r drop us a quick message using the secure contact form below.